The Humphrey & Co team assist in many specialist areas
We will provide you with practical advice, complete essential tasks such as Tax Returns and discuss all your financial options throughout your life.
The breadth of our services range from income and inheritance tax to retirement, wills and trust and estate support services.Talk To Us
Barristers & The Legal Sector
Our legal sector team have a wealth of experience in providing specialist tax, accounting and business advisory services to a wide variety of law firms and individual barristers.
FOR BARRISTERS, WE ADVISE ON:
- Personal tax planning
- Efficient and timely preparation of annual accounts and tax returns to allow clients to plan for future tax liabilities
We monitor the ever changing legal landscape so as to be able to give the most proactive advice to our legal sector clients.
We are proud sponsors of the Young Barristers’ Committee Young Bar Hub, supporting barristers and pupils in the early years of practice.
We have a specialist care homes team who are dedicated to looking after residential and nursing care homes and associated businesses across the country.
We are well established within the care home sector and have good connections with other care home specialists such as solicitors, IFAs and the healthcare teams within the largest banks. This helps us assist our clients with every aspect of buying, running and eventually selling their businesses.
We act for a number of residential and care home clients, including the following:
- Sole Traders
- Small Corporate groups
We also offer a range of services specifically tailored to our care home clients’ needs, our services include:
- Annual accounting and tax compliances
- Incorporation and related matters
- Management accounts
- Payroll services
- Assisting with sales and purchases
- Financial due diligence for acquisitions
Humphrey & Co will guide you through the array of legislation and guidance set out by the Charity Commission.
We work with a wide range of charities assisting with accounts preparation, audit and assurance work and statutory returns.
We also advise on:
- The most appropriate operating structure (trust set up by deed or Companies Act charity limited by guarantee)
- Consequences of trading and the incorporation of a trading subsidiary
- Gift aid and investment income tax reclaims
The dentistry sector is an area in which we have a wealth of experience. Our team act for practices, associates, specialists, hygienists and therapists.
We are members of The National Association of Specialist Dental Accountants and Lawyers (NASDAL). We prepare their annual national financial statistics for practices and associates.
The Humphrey & Co team are respected authors for the dental media and presenters of seminars for dentists.
WE ADVISE ON:
- Purchasing a practice – including appraising and financing
- The sale of practices
- NHS superannuation scheme
- NHS contract tendering
- Incorporation and benchmarking reports
Doctors & Consultants
We have a team dedicated to providing support to hospital doctors, GPs and Consultants with NHS and private practice incomes.
Our team is highly regarded in the medical industry and will help you with practical financial advice. We regularly run seminars regarding tax affairs and how to avoid common mistakes that lead to enquiries from HMRC.
Our clients receive regular briefings on topical matters and tax changes as they arise.
Please follow us on Twitter @doctors_humph
Lloyd’s, Insurance & IFAs
Humphrey & Co is one of the few firms that is a recognised Lloyd’s Accountant.
Our services for the Lloyd’s market include:
- Audits and valuations
- Tax and cash flow planning for Lloyd’s Names, Namecos, SLPs and LLPs
The Insurance team’s expertise in the Insurance Broker and IFA sectors include the following services:
- Regulatory audits
- Internal controls and systems for compliance
- Personal and business tax planning
- Payroll and company secretarial services
Property Management Industry
At Humphrey & Co we have a team of specialists dedicated to freehold and leasehold management accounting.
Our expertise and understanding of the residential property management industry, coupled with our in-depth knowledge of the relevant accounting, compliance and tax issues enables us to provide a comprehensive service to managing agents and landlords, including freehold management and right to manage companies.
Our services include:
- Preparation of Residential Service Charge accounts compliant with TECH 03/11, and the ARMA-Q disclosure requirements as appropriate
- Statutory accounts for Landlords, Freehold Management and Right to Manage Companies.
- Tax planning and advice on freehold income arising from the granting of lease extensions and other incidental incomes
- Corporate Tax Returns
- Bookkeeping services for self-managed properties
We can also provide Company Secretarial Support services to include:
- Annual Returns and company register maintenance
- Annual accounts filing with Companies House
- Preparation of share certificates
- Registered office facility
US Federal Tax
Humphrey & Co. are able to provide a US Federal Tax Return compliance service for US citizens or Green Card holders living in the UK who have US filing obligations.
Kevin Hancock, Tax Partner, is an Enrolled Agent, authorised to represent taxpayers before the US Internal Revenue Service. Kevin is also a member of the US National Association of Enrolled Agents and the US National Association of Tax Professionals.
The following services are available:
- Completion and filing of 1040 and 1040NR Returns (and associated statements)
- Completion and filing of Foreign Bank Account Reporting (“FBAR”) declarations
- Assisting with the ‘Streamlined Filing Compliance Procedure’ for delinquent returns
- Assisting with Expatriation reporting requirements
- Consultancy regarding the provisions of the UK / USA Double Tax Treaty
- Consultancy regarding US residency position and US filing obligations
- FATCA reporting advice
More than just Accountants
Our clients benefit from our depth of experience and expertise with an established reputation in many fields
We are based in Eastbourne and in Brighton & Hove. However, a client’s location is never a problem as we travel to meet clients at their homes or businesses.Meet our Team