Chartered Accountants & Business Tax Advisors
Humphrey & Co
The firm has built a strong reputation for successfully advising and supporting individuals and businesses with their financial affairs since 1928.
Our clients benefit from our depth of experience and expertise with an established reputation in many fields.
We are based in Eastbourne and in Brighton & Hove. However, a client’s location is never a problem as we travel to meet clients at their homes or businesses.
Be More Than Just An Accountant with Humphrey & Co!
Our firm is growing. We are always on the lookout for talented people for both our Eastbourne and Brighton & Hove offices.
If you can offer a great skill set, are motivated to continuously improve and have a personable style for building client relations, we would like to hear from you.
For the right candidates we offer excellent training and exciting career opportunities. We aim to reward our team well with competitive pay and benefit packages.
Administrative Assistant/Reception Cover
This position has now been filled. If you have not heard from us then you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
- Supporting the Tax Partner with technical research and preparing specialist tax advice direct to clients in all areas of UK direct and indirect taxation (some involvement in US Federal Taxation might also be possible)
- Supporting the Tax Partner in dealing with complex internal technical tax queries for partners and managers, encompassing all areas of UK direct and indirect taxation
- Working with the Tax Partner to develop tax planning ideas and provide proactive advice, including technical updates to both partners/staff and clients
- Assist with more complex private client and corporate compliance cases, when required
- Experience in working in mixed taxation (private client and corporate clients).
- Experience in tax advisory (as opposed to purely tax compliance) is required
- It is experience that is important, so although CTA qualified candidates will be preferred, candidates with ATT or qualified by experience will also be considered
- The candidate must have maintained an in depth, up to date, knowledge of mixed tax issues
- Must be willing (and able) to undertake detailed technical research, work to tight deadlines and get involved in wide ranging complex issues
Desirable (but not essential)
- Experience of Expatriate Taxation issues (dealing with residence and domicile issues)
- Experience of corporate transactions / reorganisations and VAT
- Have experience of dental / medical professionals, Lloyd’s names or US taxation (to assist with our specialist teams)
Hours: Full time: 38.75 hours per week
Salary: dependent on experience
Applications: please send an up-to-date CV to email@example.com
Posted on: 21 March 2018
Our Charity Partnership
After many years of supporting and sponsoring various local organisations, we decided in 2014 that we would prefer to concentrate our efforts by predominantly supporting one local charity each year.
In this way, we felt as a firm that we could:
Proudly sponsor a local charity and support the work that they do for our local community
Promote a partnership with the charity, working together to achieve specific aims or goals
Our nominated charity for 2018 is Embrace
Embrace was formed in 2014 to support special needs and disabled children and their families with their ethos being 'Because no child should feel alone'.
Embrace run a number of services and projects, providing vital social and respite support as well as advocacy support for its beneficiaries.
Embrace aim to:
- Promote social inclusion by offering improved opportunities for disabled children to socialise and participate in social activities.
- To provide improved coping mechanisms for children to manage their disabilities in a positive manner leading to an increase in confidence, self-esteem and independence.
- Provide early intervention support to disabled children and their families leading to opportunities for better life chances.
- To provide legal and advocacy support and representation to families of disabled and special educational needs children that cannot afford legal advice otherwise.
Further information on the charity can be found on their website http://embracees.org.uk/
Humphrey & Co also participates in numerous local charity events and fundraisers. We actively encourage members of staff to independently volunteer and be involved in the work of other charities in the local area.
Our nominated charity for 2017 was
You Raise Me Up
A local charity based in Eastbourne founded by Fraser and Jane Brooks in June 2011 following the sudden loss of their daughter Megan. The charity’s sole purpose is to raise funds to support families that have suffered the loss of an adult child between the age of 16 and 25 and to be able to provide compassion, support and to simply be able to say “we totally understand” rather than “we cannot imagine what you are going through”.
Our nominated charity for 2016 was
Our nominated charity for 2015 was
Sussex Cancer Fund
Since 1981 The Sussex Cancer Fund has been giving invaluable assistance to The Sussex Cancer Centre at the Royal Sussex County Hospital, Brighton. This is in the form of additional equipment and building improvements for the treatment and comfort of cancer patients attending the department. The Centre treats thousands of Sussex people each year.
Our nominated charity for 2014 was
Children’s Respite Trust in East Hoathly
This charity is largely run by volunteers and supports children with disabilities and their families by helping them get a break throughout Sussex, Surrey and Kent. Vital to all of their work is fundraising to help the limited number of families they can reach with the money they raise.
As a firm we feel it’s important to engage in business networking to develop new relationships with local contacts, sharing ideas and discussing topical issues.
We also realise how invaluable networking is for our staff for building their confidence and expanding their portfolio of contacts.
We also attend numerous networking events in East Sussex including, but not limited to, breakfast and lunch clubs, the local Curry Clubs and networking on the golf course.
Ladies Lunch Club Eastbourne
Meet our team of professionals
Find our more about our team of professionalsMeet our Team