Mike Bryan BSc (Hons) ACA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2014 after graduating in Accounting and Finance in 2010 and completing a 3 year training contract elsewhere. I assist businesses with a holistic approach to accountancy and taxation.
I enjoy the variety of my work and I have a portfolio containing a vast range of industries, from start-ups to long established companies. I have worked within the healthcare sector throughout my career and I have expert knowledge and experience in this industry. Although I am a general accountant, I act for a plethora of doctors, dentists, care home owners and other healthcare businesses.
I regularly assist with the buying or selling of businesses. I find this work intriguing, meticulous and extremely self-rewarding. I also enjoy implementing cloud based accounting software to streamline accounting functions and offer cost efficiencies in this area.
I lecture and present seminars on accountancy and taxation to healthcare professionals and I have provided healthcare updates to some of the leading UK banks.
- What do you like most about your job? Learning about different businesses, speaking to a diverse range of people.
- What’s your best quality? Good communicator
- Secret skill? Ambidextrous at darts
- Last meal on earth? Steak & Chips
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? iPhone & Sonos
Greg Penfold BA (Hons) FCCA
I graduated from London in 2000 with an honours degree in Accounting and Business Finance. I joined Humphrey & Co in the same year. I qualified as a Chartered Certified Accountant in 2003 and obtained the status of Fellow in 2008. I am located in the Eastbourne office. My focus is on individual taxation and I specialise in acting for healthcare professionals, particularly dentists. I have a broad range of experience assisting clients to start their business, obtain finance for growth, tender for contracts and the purchase and sale of businesses throughout the UK. I regularly lecture on taxation around the country.
- What do you like most about your job? Being able to provide useful advice to people and their businesses when they most need it. It gives me great satisfaction. The people who help me do this aren't too bad either!
- What's your best quality? Friendly and approachable
- Gadget you couldn't live without? iPad (mainly to keep my children amused!)
- Favourite film? Ghostbusters
- Perfect day? Fishing (and hopefully catching)
Ian Simpson BSc (Hons) FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in August 1999, after graduating from the University of Wales in Swansea. I completed my professional studies with Humphrey & Co and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in July 2002. I am based in the Hove office and assist small and medium sized businesses with their accountancy and taxation affairs. I am part of the specialist Dental Team and have interests in the construction industry and personal taxation areas. I prepare the annual dental statistics report on behalf of NASDAL each year
- What do you like most about your job? Acting for such a diverse mix of clients and being able to help people
- What's your best quality? My memory (although my wife may disagree)
- Gadget you couldn't live without? Sat Nav
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Flip flops
- Perfect day? England v Wales in the Six Nations
Karen Wicks LLB FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2007 having completed a Law degree at the University of Leeds where I focused on both company and business law. I went on to become a qualified Chartered Accountant in 2010 and became a partner 2015. I am based at the Eastbourne office with clients spread across the UK and assist them in a number of areas including financial accounting, business advice and personal taxation services. I have a particular interest in dental businesses and the medical sector in general. In my spare time, I like to keep active and particularly enjoy snowboarding and sea kayaking.
- What do you like most about your job? Working with people
- What's your best quality? I get things done!
- Gadget you couldn't live without? My Nespresso machine
- Favourite film? Disney's 'Cinderella' (watched with my daughter Isabelle)
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? My Nespresso machine!
Kristian Fuller FMAAT FCCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in September 2013 after training in the Sussex area. In 2005, I qualified as an accounting technician (AAT) and went on to become a chartered certified accountant. I am located in the Hove Office and work closely with Ian Simpson, assisting with accounts and taxation work for his portfolio of clients.
- What do you like most about your job? Our team and being able to make a difference to our clients
- Secret skill? Not a skill, but a little known fact. I can use the title Lord Fuller of Lochaber
- Gadget you couldn't live without? SatNav
- Perfect day? Watching my team United at Old Trafford
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A lion
Lyndsey Mantripp MAAT FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2013, having qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2009. I am located in the Eastbourne office and I work with a variety of clients providing general accountancy and taxation services to small and medium sized business and personal tax clients. I am also a member of the Dental Team specialising in dental accounts and tax affairs.
- What do you like most about your job? Dealing with numerous clients on a wide variety of matters
- Secret skill? I make great chocolate brownies
- Gadget you couldn't live without? iPhone and my food mixer
- Favourite film? Aladdin
- If you could be an animal what would you be? An elephant (they never forget)
- 01323 730631
Sebastian Stracey ACA CTA
I completed my A levels at Christ's Hospital school in Horsham in 2011, before joining a large regional firm in the same year. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2015 and joined Humphrey & Co in 2016. I qualified as a Chartered Tax Adviser in 2018, so I can better assist clients with their tax needs. I work with a wide range of clients, mostly providing accounting and taxation advice. I am also part of the Dental team. In my spare time I enjoy hacking my way round a golf course!
- What's your best quality? Humorous
- Gadget you couldn't live without? iPhone and my bookmark
- Favourite film? Lord of the Rings
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? A volleyball called 'Wilson'
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A puffin