Paul Potter FCA
I have been a partner in the firm since 1988. As well as dealing with all aspects of general practice, I have developed specialisms in working with our older retired clients and also the charities sector. I enjoy advising the retired and elderly and seeing the benefits and appreciation that assistance brings. This involves working alongside our Trust and Estates team on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and when necessary Estate / Probate work. In addition to client work, I also have a number of administrative responsibilities on behalf of the partnership, including acting as a staff partner, liaising on insurance matters for the firm and ensuring regulatory aspects are complied with under ICAEW guidelines.
- What do you like most about your job? The variety of work, interaction with clients and seeing the benefits gained by clients, not just the financial ones
- What's your best quality? Approachable
- Gadget you couldn't live without? My glasses!
- Favourite film? I prefer live theatre, my favourite is Blood Brothers
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Toothbrush and toothpaste
Jon Robards MAAT ATT ACA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2014 and subsequently passed the AAT and ATT qualifications before qualifying as a Chartered Accountant in 2019. I work with a variety of clients providing accounts and taxation advice for both individual and corporate clients. I also work closely with partner Paul Potter to assist clients in the charity sector. In my spare time I enjoy playing a variety of sports including cricket, football and golf. I am often found taking part in charity events whether it’s a half marathon, bike ride or bungee jump!
- What do you like most about your job? The variety of work and helping clients find solutions
- What's your best quality? Upbeat & positive
- Secret skill? I can fly (with the aid of a paraglider)!
- Perfect day? Kayaking around the coast followed by a Brighton & Hove Albion away game
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A bird - so that I can fly anywhere
I joined Humphrey and Co in March 2015. Since graduating with a degree in Business Management and Accountancy from Sussex University in 2004 I have focused on specialising at Residential Leasehold Management accounting. I have a particular interest in systems design and implementation which has lead to a variety of projects for some of the country's leading managing agents. This experience has resulted in a diverse and hands on knowledge of leasehold accounting before coming to Humphrey and Co. In my spare time I love to read and really enjoy listening to a wide variety of music.
- What do you like most about your job? The people
- Secret skill? Qualified welder
- Perfect day? A sunny, lazy day