Paul Potter FCA
I have been a partner in the firm since 1988. As well as dealing with all aspects of general practice, I have developed specialisms in working with our older retired clients and also the charities sector. I enjoy advising the retired and elderly and seeing the benefits and appreciation that assistance brings. This involves working alongside our Trust and Estates team on Wills, Lasting Powers of Attorney and when necessary Estate / Probate work. In addition to client work, I also have a number of administrative responsibilities on behalf of the partnership, including acting as a staff partner, liaising on insurance matters for the firm and ensuring regulatory aspects are complied with under ICAEW guidelines.
- What do you like most about your job? The variety of work, interaction with clients and seeing the benefits gained by clients, not just the financial ones
- What's your best quality? Approachable
- Gadget you couldn't live without? My glasses!
- Favourite film? I prefer live theatre, my favourite is Blood Brothers
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Toothbrush and toothpaste
Michael Taylor ACA
I have been with the firm for many years having joined direct from school in August 1980. I qualified in 1986 and later became a senior manager, dealing with a wide variety of small and medium sized owner managed businesses, corporate tax cases, charities, flat management companies, residents associations and personal tax cases.
- What's your best quality? I take pride in my work
- Secret skill? Make do and mend expert!
- Last meal on earth? A Sunday roast with all the trimmings
- Favourite film? The Searchers
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A dog (with a loving owner)
I joined Humphrey and Co in March 2015. Since graduating with a degree in Business Management and Accountancy from Sussex University in 2004 I have focused on specialising at Residential Leasehold Management accounting. I have a particular interest in systems design and implementation which has lead to a variety of projects for some of the country's leading managing agents. This experience has resulted in a diverse and hands on knowledge of leasehold accounting before coming to Humphrey and Co. In my spare time I love to read and really enjoy listening to a wide variety of music.
- What do you like most about your job? The people
- Secret skill? Qualified welder
- Perfect day? A sunny, lazy day