Kevin Hancock LLB (Hons) CTA EA
After gaining a degree in Law, I started my career in the City of London specialising in private client taxation, before working in a number of larger international firms gaining experience in the taxation of large multi-national companies, corporate restructuring and international tax. I then moved into a senior position locally dealing with all aspects of UK taxation before joining Humphrey & Co in 2011. I am a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and as well as heading up the tax department at Humphrey & Co providing technical advice on all aspects of UK direct taxation and VAT, I am also a qualified US tax practitioner (being authorised to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service as an Enrolled Agent).
- What do you like most about your job? Problem-solving, constant challenges
- What's your best quality? A good sense of humour, technically proficient
- Last meal on earth? A hot curry
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? My music collection
- Perfect day? Spending time with my family
Lewis Hampton ACA CTA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2010 and qualified as a Chartered Accountant and Chartered Tax Adviser in 2011 and 2017 respectively. I am based in the Eastbourne office and act for a broad range of clients located in different areas of the UK.
I take a proactive approach to assisting clients to ensure they are best prepared to operate their business in the most tax efficient manner. I have a special interest in individuals and corporate bodies associated with the Lloyd’s of London insurance market and provide a number of specialist services including auditing, valuations and tax advisory and compliance. I am proud to have recently been appointed a partner of the firm in May 2020
- What's your best quality? Very motivated
- Secret skill? I'm a great Best Man!
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Water
- Perfect day? Nice breakfast, a day in the sun / at the beach
- If you could be an animal what would you be? An elephant (they're big and they never forget)
Michael Macefield BSc (Mech Eng) ACA
After gaining a degree in engineering I worked in industry for a couple of years. I then joined Humphrey & Co in 1986 as a trainee chartered accountant. I qualified in 1988 and became a partner in 1997. I manage a varied portfolio of clients including those in the Lloyd's insurance market and engineering sectors. I specialise in audit and corporate reporting, general tax work and VAT.
- What do you like most about your job? I like working with my colleagues
- What's your best quality? Organised
- Last meal on earth? Depends what mood I'm in
- Favourite film? On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Radio transmitter
Craig Manser BSc (Hons) FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2004 having completed a degree in Physics and Mathematics at Keele University. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2008. I enjoy acting for a wide range of businesses from sole traders to large companies. I have an interest in legal sector clients with a particular specialism in the tax affairs of Barristers.
- What do you like most about your job? Interacting with clients and staff
- What's your best quality? A keen eye for detail
- Secret skill? Golf - current handicap 5 at Eastbourne Downs Golf Club
- Favourite film? Back to the Future
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Lion!
Andrew Robinson BA (Hons) ACA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 1983 after graduating from Leeds University with a degree in Modern Languages. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1986 and became a partner in 1989. I am based in the Eastbourne office but a good proportion of my clients are based in London and other parts of the UK. I have a special interest in insurance related businesses with particular emphasis on individuals and corporate bodies associated with the Lloyd's of London insurance market
- What do you like most about your job? The people, clients and colleagues
- What's your best quality? Putting the client's interests first
- Favourite film? Live & Let Die (..and not because of Jane Seymour!)
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? A flare
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A lion
Kate Manser MSc (Hons) FCA
I joined the firm in 2006 after graduating with a Masters degree in Psychology from Brunel University. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2009 and have now progressed to Practice Manager.
- What do you like most about your job? The people I work with
- Secret skill? Sign language
- Gadget you couldn't live without? Calculator
- Favourite film? Bridget Jones
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Otter