Kevin Hancock LLB (Hons) CTA EA
After gaining a degree in Law, I started my career in the City of London specialising in private client taxation, before working in a number of larger international firms gaining experience in the taxation of large multi-national companies, corporate restructuring and international tax. I then moved into a senior position locally dealing with all aspects of UK taxation before joining Humphrey & Co in 2011. I am a Chartered Tax Adviser (CTA) and as well as heading up the tax department at Humphrey & Co providing technical advice on all aspects of UK direct taxation and VAT, I am also a qualified US tax practitioner (being authorised to represent taxpayers before the Internal Revenue Service as an Enrolled Agent).
- What do you like most about your job? Problem-solving, constant challenges
- What's your best quality? A good sense of humour, technically proficient
- Last meal on earth? A hot curry
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? My music collection
- Perfect day? Spending time with my family
Michael Macefield BSc (Mech Eng) ACA
After gaining a degree in engineering I worked in industry for a couple of years. I then joined Humphrey & Co in 1986 as a trainee chartered accountant. I qualified in 1988 and became a partner in 1997. I manage a varied portfolio of clients including those in the Lloyd's insurance market and engineering sectors. I specialise in audit and corporate reporting, general tax work and VAT.
- What do you like most about your job? I like working with my colleagues
- What's your best quality? Organised
- Last meal on earth? Depends what mood I'm in
- Favourite film? On Her Majesty's Secret Service
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Radio transmitter
Craig Manser BSc (Hons) FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2004 having completed a degree in Physics and Mathematics at Keele University. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2008. I enjoy acting for a wide range of businesses from sole traders to large companies. I have an interest in legal sector clients with a particular specialism in the tax affairs of Barristers.
- What do you like most about your job? Interacting with clients and staff
- What's your best quality? A keen eye for detail
- Secret skill? Golf - current handicap 5 at Eastbourne Downs Golf Club
- Favourite film? Back to the Future
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Lion!
Andrew Robinson BA (Hons) ACA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 1983 after graduating from Leeds University with a degree in Modern Languages. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 1986 and became a partner in 1989. I am based in the Eastbourne office but a good proportion of my clients are based in London and other parts of the UK. I have a special interest in insurance related businesses with particular emphasis on individuals and corporate bodies associated with the Lloyd's of London insurance market
- What do you like most about your job? The people, clients and colleagues
- What's your best quality? Putting the client's interests first
- Favourite film? Live & Let Die (..and not because of Jane Seymour!)
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? A flare
- If you could be an animal what would you be? A lion
Consultants & Associates
Lewis Hampton ACA CTA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2010 and qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2011. I’m also a Chartered Tax Adviser having qualified in January 2017 and work closely with partner Andrew Robinson providing taxation and business advice to a wide range of clients. I take a proactive approach to assisting clients to ensure they are best prepared to operate their business in the most tax efficient manner. I'm also part of the Lloyd's of London specialist team. Outside of work I enjoy a wide variety of Sport including football, tennis and squash. I really enjoy cooking and one day plan to win BBC's MasterChef!
- What's your best quality? Very motivated
- Secret skill? I'm a great Best Man!
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Water
- Perfect day? Nice breakfast, a day in the sun / at the beach
- If you could be an animal what would you be? An elephant (they're big and they never forget)
Kate Manser MSc (Hons) FCA
I joined the firm in 2006 after graduating with a Masters degree in Psychology from Brunel University. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2009 and have now progressed to Practice Manager.
- What do you like most about your job? The people I work with
- Secret skill? Sign language
- Gadget you couldn't live without? Calculator
- Favourite film? Bridget Jones
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Otter