Sue Pocklington CTA TEP
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2007. I am qualified as both a Chartered Tax Adviser and Trust and Estate Practitioner. I also passed The Society of Trust and Estate Practitioners (STEP) Advanced Certificate in Will Preparation. I oversee our Trust & Estate Support Services team and, as we are now licensed as a probate firm by the ICAEW, I am also the Head of Legal Services and one of the firm’s Authorised Individuals for probate work. I specialise in personal tax planning, including inheritance tax, wills and lasting powers of attorney. I advise and assist both individuals and other professionals in all aspects of Trust and Estate administration.
- What do you like most about your job? I love the interaction with clients and contacts, learning how they have got to where they are and seeing how I can help and support them.
- What's your best quality? Empathy
- Last meal on earth? Italian food
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Scrapbook of pictures of family and friends and memories
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Dog - (I get to be lazy, sleep a lot, cuddled and fussed over!)
- 01323 730631
- 07725 256281
Lucy Coney ACILEX
Trust & Estate Senior Manager
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2022 after working for a firm of solicitors for over 20 years, initially as a Conveyancing Manager and then in the Private Client Department. I specialised in Lasting Powers of Attorney (LPA) & Court of Protection Deputyship cases, to include creation/application to the Court and ongoing management of clients’ property & financial affairs and health & welfare matters.
I qualified to become an Associate Member of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives.
Joining Humphrey & Co has enabled me to bring my existing skills and experience to support the growth of LPA & Deputyship work within the TESS Team and also expand my knowledge and skills in preparing Wills and dealing with Trust & Estate matters.
I am a member of STEP and have completed the STEP Certificate in Trusts & Estates. I am continuing with the STEP Diploma in order to become a Trust & Estate Practitioner.
- What do you like most about your job? Providing a bespoke service to our clients and supporting them with what can often be difficult or sensitive matters.
- What’s your best quality? Being mindful of the different perspectives in any given situation.
- Last meal on earth? A 12 course tasting menu (might buy me a few extra minutes?)
- Favourite Film? The Gentlemen – Guy Ritchie
- Perfect Day? Sun-drenched on a hammock in the Maldives!
Alice Hill BSc (Hons)
I joined Humphrey & Co during my final year of studying for my Psychology Degree at the University of Sussex. I work in our Eastbourne Office for Partner Sue Pocklington in the Trusts and Estates team.
I have since begun studying towards the STEP certificate in Trust & Estates.
- What do you like most about your job? The people and interacting with clients
- What’s your best quality? Caring
- Secret skill? I used to tap dance