Mike Bryan BSc (Hons) ACA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2014 after graduating in Accounting and Finance in 2010 and completing a 3 year training contract elsewhere. I assist businesses with a holistic approach to accountancy and taxation.
I enjoy the variety of my work and I have a portfolio containing a vast range of industries, from start-ups to long established companies. I have worked within the healthcare sector throughout my career and I have expert knowledge and experience in this industry. Although I am a general accountant, I act for a plethora of doctors, dentists, care home owners and other healthcare businesses.
I regularly assist with the buying or selling of businesses. I find this work intriguing, meticulous and extremely self-rewarding. I also enjoy implementing cloud based accounting software to streamline accounting functions and offer cost efficiencies in this area.
I lecture and present seminars on accountancy and taxation to healthcare professionals and I have provided healthcare updates to some of the leading UK banks.
- What do you like most about your job? Learning about different businesses, speaking to a diverse range of people.
- What’s your best quality? Good communicator
- Secret skill? Ambidextrous at darts
- Last meal on earth? Steak & Chips
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? iPhone & Sonos
Anthony Smith MA MEng FCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 1997 having completed an engineering Masters degree at Cambridge University the year before. I qualified as a Chartered Accountant in 2000 and, after two years working in the Aerospace industry, returned to the firm and became a partner in 2006. I am based in Eastbourne with the majority of my clients spread across East and West Sussex. My client base is extremely diverse with start ups through to international corporate entities. In my spare time (or what's left of it from having 3 young children), I particularly enjoy scaring myself sailing my RS dinghy in nearby Pevensey Bay!
- What do you like most about your job? Meeting lots of amazing people!
- What's your best quality? Never giving up
- Secret skill? Hanging pictures :)
- Favourite film? Bourne trilogy (yes, I know that's 3!)
- Perfect day? On a beach in Bora Bora
Elizabeth Bowden BSc FCCA
I joined Humphrey & Co in 2012 having qualified with the ACCA in 2009. I work with a variety of clients providing general accounting and tax advice.
- What do you like most about your job? Solving puzzles
- What’s your best quality? I'm forgiving!
- Gadget you couldn’t live without? iPhone
- What essential item would you take to a desert island? Shampoo
- Perfect Day? Sunny day with fish & chips on Bexhill beach.
Sam Cuttell MICB
I qualified as an AICB bookkeeper with the Institute of Certified Bookkeepers (ICB) in 2015. I then ran my own bookkeeping practice for 3 years prior to joining Humphrey and Co, where I now work as part of the Xero team.
- What do you like most about your job? Interaction with people (colleagues and clients)
- What’s your best quality? Analytical and patient
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Eagle – I would love to soar high above the clouds
Jack Porter MAAT BSc (Hons)
I graduated from Brighton University with an honours degree in Accounting and Finance in 2015. I am AAT qualified and currently studying towards the ACCA qualification. I am located in the Eastbourne office, working in the Xero Team where my focus is on improving the accounting function within businesses, and specialising in cloud based accounting. I have experience with dealing with a variety of businesses from construction to healthcare and sole traders to limited companies. In my spare time, I enjoy spending time with friends and family and going to the gym. I have competed in bodybuilding competitions and I am now an IFBB international judge.
- What do you like most about your job? Meeting new people and being able to help them grow their businesses.
- Secret skill? Nutritionist
- If you could be an animal what would you be? Gorilla (Strong and King of the Jungle)
Holly Spence MAAT
I joined Humphrey and Co in January 2018 after relocating to the local area. I've worked in a few practices and came to the conclusion I enjoy bookkeeping and management accounts the most. I've used various software packages over the years but my favourite by far is Xero. I've taught a varied range of clients how to use Xero and improve their processing systems. Bookkeeping has changed in recent years and it’s exciting to see how new software is developing to meet this change, freeing up us bookkeepers to add more value than ever before.
- What do you like most about your job? Seeing the weight being lifted when clients realise there are products that will lighten the bookkeeping load.
- Secret skill? Not a skill yet, but learning bass guitar.
- Perfect Day? Day out to the zoo or watching a Leicester Tigers rugby match.